Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Writing after National Novel Writing Month

National Novel Writing Month is over, which means I have to get back into the groove of writing 2,000  words a day without the 1,667 words per day that my NaNoWriMo novel added to my word count. This is always an effort, but this year it seems more difficult then in years past. Maybe this is an illusion because last December feels as if it occurred twelve centuries ago in a galaxy far away.

I am stressing out over things I should put in God's hands and not worry over. I am worrying about things I cannot control. I am taking remarks made by other people personally when that is not the intended. All of this is interfering with my writing and the accomplishment of my 2,000-word per day goal. I am depress. I am worried about where I am going to live after the sale of t his house finally closes.

None of that is helping me get on with my life. None of that is assisting me to rewrite Midnight in Suburbia or Scavengers. None of that is helping me finish The Typewriter, my 2012 NaNoWriMo novel. I did not finish The Typewriter because my mother died in November of 2012, so I put the novel aside. I left my 2012 novel sitting my my writing.com port without looking at it for over nine months and, even then, the only things I did to it was move it and some of the planning stories to folders.

Perhaps it  would help if I changed part or all of my daily writing ritual. All though I am not sure that what I do before sitting down to write can be called a ritual. That could be part of the problem, I got out of my old writing ritual and have not begun a new one. After saying a morning prayer and writing I feel more positive about accomplishing my word count goal. I feel that I can achieve the goal today, even if I have to stay up until midnight Pacific Standard Time.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9