Monday, April 01, 2013

National Poetry Month: Day 1

It is National Poetry Month, thirty days of writing and reading poetry. In addition, today, April 1, is April Fool's Day and as a results I think my body played an April Fool's Prank on me last night. I had a bout of insomnia. I could not sleep. I did not get to sleep until after 4:00 or 5:00 AM and then I woke up at about 7:30 AM.

I am not sleepy. I am wide awake and doing laundry. I did not do laundry or housework last night because I wrote instead. My grandmother did housework or played solitaire when she could not sleep. I write or play solitaire when I cannot sleep. I finished a poem and submitted it to the contest this morning.

I am here to wish
You Happy April Fool's Day,
Please make someone laugh.

If you are not into pranks, then find a funny poem and read it or send it to someone who needs a laugh today. I do not pull pranks myself, but I do enjoy a good prank. I laugh at an amusing or funny prank; so be nice today and pull an amusing prank on someone.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9