Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chocolate Easter Bunny - Part 1

On Good Friday, I went to the store and bought a chocolate Easter Bunny. According to the package, the 4.50 oz. (127.6 g) bunny is dark chocolate and solid. I read the nutritional information on the back of the package and it says that a serving size is 43g and there are three servings in the container.

The calories per serving is 220, with 120 of those calories from fat. The total fat in the bunny is 14g, with 8g of saturated fat and 0g of trans fat. The bunny contains 5mg of cholesterol, 0mg of sodium, 20g of sugar, and 2g of protein. The only other information I am interested in is about carbohydrates and dietary fiber. The total carbohydrates in the bunny is 26g and the dietary fiber 3g.

I did not read the nutritional facts until today because it would have made no difference in my choice of chocolate Easter bunnies. Before I went into the store, I knew what type and brand of bunny I wanted; therefore, the information about the nutrition would have made no difference in my decision to purchase the bunny. The only time the nutritional information on a product influences my choice is when I am unsure of the brand and type of product I want. At those time I have to read the package's nutritional facts because I am on a high fiber diet per serving needs to be 2g or more.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9