Monday, March 04, 2013

Quote of the Week Monday: About Spring

The quote for this week is about spring. I know the first day of spring is on March 20, when the sun crosses the celestial equator going northward. However, since it is beginning to feel like spring, at least in Las Vegas, I decided to find an intriguing and thought provoking quote about my favorite time of the year.

Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love! - Sitting Bull

wind blows through the oak
pastel leaf bud  on brown limbs
greet the day's first light

When I went out this morning, I need a sweater instead of a heavy coat. The wind was a bit chilly, but not cold. The wind is still blowing this afternoon, I look out my window and watch the weeds in my front yard waving. I watch the birds flying from tree to tree or from the ground to the trees. The birds seem to think it is spring because they are building nests in preparation for laying their eggs and raising their chicks.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9