Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A bird sings in Las Vegas

a bird is singing
serenading charcoal clouds
is there a slight breeze

I must have the happiest bird in Las Vegas nesting in the pine tree in my front yard. The song is sweet and beautiful, so it could be a nightingale. I know it  is not  a sparrow because it does not sound like one. I have only heard this bird and not seen it . I have witnessed several birds flying around the neighborhood and flitting from tree to tree.

The birds I have seen make up about three or four different species. There are sparrows nesting in one of the neighbor's oak trees. I have see a black bird of some time flying around and pigeons. I also see pair of nightingales; at least, I think they are nightingales because they do not look like any of the other birds I see and they resemble pictures of nightingales I have seen.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9