Monday, November 05, 2012

Haibun-Haiku: Time falls back

autumn time falls back
the morning star shining bright
in the predawn sky

This morning, when I went out to pick up the paper I saw the morning star, a beautiful diamond in the black silk sky. Today the morning star was above the neighbor’s oak tree, so all I had to do to see it was stand in front of my garage. Normally, I have to look for it and move closer to the street or the fence because the tree branches hide the planet.

Daylight savings time ended on Sunday and time fell back. This morning, I realized that I had not set the clock on the coffee maker or the microwave back. I set the clock on the coffee maker back when I got up, I will deal with the clock on the microwave later today. The clock on the microwave is a bit more complicated to set then the one on the coffee maker. It always takes me two or three tries to get the microwave clock set properly.

Fortunately, I did not have to set the time on my cell phone, my computer, or the cable box. That is the wonderful thing about technology, it does the little stuff for you like setting the clock back when daylight savings time ends and forward when it begins. I can remember when I had to set four or five clocks back or forward in autumn or spring. It was a major project because I had to make sure I set every clock properly and then I always missed one.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9