Saturday, November 03, 2012

Haibun-Haiku: In my backyard

crabgrass is growing
the pink oleander dead
white flowers in bloom

I stood in the kitchen, looking out the window, while waiting for the microwave to heat a mug of leftover coffee. I noticed the crabgrass green and growing, taking over my backyard. The pink oleander is dead, but the white oleanders are still blooming oblivious to the death of one of their garden mates. I also think that the red oleander is in the process of dying, at least one of its branches has turned brown and there are no flowers.

I have to find another yardman to remove the crabgrass and the dead oleander. I am not removing the other oleanders until they die. I have had living oleanders removed before, but they just come back. Weeds are like that no matter how much I pay to have them removed the keep coming back. I will have someone pull the crabgrass; however, I am letting the oleanders remain while they live, but if they die like the red one then I will have them removed.

I think this time I will consider hiring a professional gardener. I know it cost more then hiring the homeless men I have hired, but professionals are dependable. I am tired of having to look for a new yardman every year or every other year.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9