Thursday, November 08, 2012

Haibun-Haiku: Beauty reflected in Las Vegas

beauty reflected
morning star precedes daybreak
Las Vegas awakes

I saw the morning star again today when I went out to pick up the paper. The sky was slowing turning from silk black the cloud white, all though I did not yet know yet if it was cloudy or just the color of the sky preceding the dawn.

As I write this, I look out my window and watch as the rising sun turns clouds pink. I can now see that it is partly cloudy, I do not think we will have rain. The clouds are not rain clouds; they are just the ordinary clouds that float across the desert’s blue sky this time of year.

the pinkish-white clouds
announce arrival of dawn
a new day begins

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9