Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thankful Thursday: A Wounded Writer’s Gratitude


It is Thursday afternoon and I have a bandage on my left leg again. Therefore, you might ask, what is there to give thanks for; I am thankful for the seven days without the bandage. I am thankful for the two day my leg did not weep all over my compression stockings.

The doctor removed the other bandage last Wednesday. On Thursday, I went to an Alzheimer’s Caregivers’ Conference and wore my compression stocking all day without my leg weeping. On Friday, I went to a Caregivers’ Coffee, without my leg weeping on my compression stockings.

I suspect the issue with my left leg is a chronic condition; which means I will spend more time wearing a knee-high bandage on that leg then the thigh high compression stockings.  I will continue to be thankful for the two, three, or four days without the bandage and without the leg weeping.

The intriguing thing about this situation is that, if they take the bandage off on Wednesday, the leg does not begin weeping until late Friday nights or Saturday morning. This week, due to problems with the car, it took me longer to make an appointment with the wound care doctor then normal. The RN put the bandage on today, so I will go back next Thursday to see the doctor and get the bandage changed or removed depending on the circumstances. In the mean time, I am grateful for the few days without the bandage and the leg weeping.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9