Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: Write it out


Thinking negative
Hopelessness and depression
Unhappy joyless

Write it all out in long drawn out handwritten sentences. Don’t bottle it up inside, just get an blank book, an empty journal and fill the pages with these thoughts. Today, I found out, while I was writing a poem (a very depressing poem) that writing my thoughts in longhand in a journal helps me realize how depressing some of my thoughts are.

This morning, I considered giving up writing and then I began the poem. As I wrote, I realized that writing helps me focus and see that giving up writing would not change my negative and depressing thoughts. Writing helps me overcome because when I reread the sentences and paragraphs I realize there is hope as long as I continue to write my thoughts.

The poem is about giving up writing. I know it is amusing to consider writing a poem about giving up writing. If I were serious then I would not write the stanzas, I would simply put my pen down and not writing anything at all. I have found that I cannot do that, when I consider giving up something then I have to write about it.

Giving up writing
Composing line and stanza
Is impossible

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9