Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Scribbles: Of Mourning Doves and Tears in Las Vegas


Saturday Sunshine
The wind caressing oak trees
Mourning doves weeping

When I rolled the trashcan to the curb this morning, I heard mourning doves. They sound as if they are crying. Mourning doves are not the only ones crying this morning. Mom is crying as well, but she will not tell me why.

Alzheimer’s tears
Expressing my Mother’s fears
The wind will not dry

Mom has lost something and cannot find it, but she refuses what. Mom will not tell me because she does not want me find whatever she want because she is afraid I will throw it away. I think this is normal with Alzheimer’s disease. There is no use me crying because Mom would not understand, besides she will forget about whatever it was she cannot find in a few minutes. Then I can find an object, give it to her, and tell her I found what she lost.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9