Monday, April 02, 2012

Mundane Monday: April wind in Las Vegas


March is usually associated with wind, but this year April began with high winds. The wind began blowing either Friday, Mach 30, or Saturday, March 31, it is still blowing all though not as hard as it was two or three days ago. The wind reached about 40 miles per hour in some sections of Las Vegas.

I remember hearing the wind Saturday evening. It sounded strong and it carried all sorts of noises. I heard the wind blowing my patio door open and closed. I also heard music, somewhere there was a party going on and the wind carried the party noises all over the neighborhood. The wind blew so hard that I though it would take out the pine tree. I felt relived the next morning to find the pine tree, minus a few branches, still standing.

The wind is not blowing as hard as is it was, but it is still moving the branches of trees and scattering trash across everyone’s yards. I looked out the kitchen window earlier and saw a plastic trash bag snagged in one of the oleanders. I will have to get it out of the limbs, but I am not sure how. It is higher then I can reach, so I will have to use the latter or find something to hook it. I am not looking forward to getting up on the latter, at least not while my right leg is still bandaged.

Plastic grocery bag
Caught in oleander bush
White flag in the wind

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9