Sunday, April 01, 2012

The wind blew all night in Las Vegas


Howling singing wind
Over forty miles per hour
A chilly morning

The wind blew all night. The wind howled and somewhere in the neighborhood people partied because I could hear, music and singing carried on the wind. The wound of the wind and the music invaded my dreams, which made them more thought provoking then usual.

I usually have intriguing dreams. On rare occasions, I have nightmares. Last night my dreams echoed the wind and the music. I cannot remember the entire dream, but I do know that my Grandfathers were in the dream. Normally, only my Grandpa Newland is in my dreams, because I have memories of him.

However, last night my Grandpa Darbe was in the dream. I do not have any childhood memories of this grandfather, which is why he usually does not appear in my dreams. I simply know the other older man in my dream was my father’s father. Sometimes you just know these things and have to accept the dream.

They stood side by side
As the wind howled through my dream
Smiling comforting

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9