Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I bought an oven timer today


I bought an oven timer today. I do not need it to use in cooking because I use a microwave for everything I have to bake. I bought the timer to use when I write. I have thought about this for a couple of weeks, but today I finally decided that I needed a timer when I do timed writing. I also use it when I compose other things like blog entries or stories.

I need something to give me a deadline and the timer works. It allows me to write within a time limit of 60, 30, or 10 minutes. A timer helps me focus on the subject because I have to write within the limit and therefore I cannot get distracted. I have not attempted to write for more then ten minutes, but I only bought the timer today. I may set the timer to fifteen or twenty minutes rather then ten minutes when writing a blog entry, but that depends on the subject I choose.

One of my writing problems is distractions and another is deleting words when I have to make a corrections. If I have a time limit, I do not have time to delete words when I make a mistake. By using a timer, I have to continue writing and once the timer goes off, I go back to make the corrections. I hope a timer works to correct this specific issue because it causes me to waste more time when writing then write. I will give myself a couple of weeks to see how well this approach to the problems works.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9