Monday, March 05, 2012

No sleep tonight in Las Vegas

I do not expect to sleep tonight,
so I may as well stay up and write.

Mom is crying off and on, she wants to see her parents. My grandparents died years ago, but Mom has forgotten attending their funeral. It is part of the Alzheimer’s disease. Mom forgets. Mom gets depressed. Mom cries. Mom thinks people hate her. I could go on, but it does no good. I just gave her some medication that is supposed to calm her down and help her sleep.

It takes a while for the medication to work, so it will take a while for Mom to calm down. I am pausing to go see if I can calm her down a little. I do not want to give her any more meds. Mom has calmed down for now, but I do not know how long it will last.

Mom went to bet about 5:30 PM and went to sleep. She had a dream and woke up crying. Mom has difficultly distinguishing the difference between a dream and reality. She does not know she is dream and I suspect that is part of the Alzheimer’s as well. When Mom wakes up agitated and crying, the doctor prescribed a tablet to calm her down.

I think she is asleep now, I have not heard any crying for a few minutes, but I will not go to bed myself until about midnight, just to make sure she is asleep. Mom needs her rest because she is going to an adult daycare center tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9