Monday, February 27, 2012

I forgot a character’s nam

I am writing a series of blog entries for a contest on writing.com. The entries compose a story written in serial form. Today’s entry is the last one in the series. When I began writing it I realized I had forgotten a character’s name. I had to go back to a previous entry to find her name.

I know it is a result of stress and not short-term memory lose, at least I hope stress is the cause. It is scary to forget a character’s name, especially the main character. It is an especially scary experience for me because my mother has Alzheimer’s disease and I am her caregiver.

I know there are other symptoms of Alzheimer’s besides short-term memory lose. I have not shown any of the other symptoms, so this incident with the character’s name is just a brain hiccup. Still it is upsetting because the first I thought when it happened was Alzheimer’s disease. My second thought was relax and do not panic.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9