Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weekly Writer’s Quote: Staring at a blank page

A word is a bud attempting to become a twig. How can one not dream while writing? It is the pen which dreams. The blank page gives the right to dream. Gaston Bachelard

Stare at a blank page
It beckons a writer’s soul
Calls the muse to life

I have found that if I stare at a blank page something comes to mind and I want to write. I want to put words on its surface. I want to change it from a blank canvas to a work of art. I want to write my dreams and sometimes even my nightmares.

The blank page a friend
Asking the writer to share
Her soul deep secrets

When I am tired, like I was this morning, a blank page is refreshing and invigorating; it encourages me to write something, anything that will fill the page with words. A page without words seems lonely and unloved, until words, sentences and paragraphs fill it.

A blank page is cold
A snow bank hiding new growth
Warm words melt the snow

If I have problems fill the page, then it becomes a focus of meditation. That meditation beckons my soul and opens my mind to possibilities. My muses cannot wait to help me fill a blank page.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9