Thursday, March 01, 2012

I enjoy doing laundry now

I enjoy laundry
I sit at the computer
The washer echoes

I can write and do laundry at the same time. The washing machine does not overflow in the spin cycle, so I do not have to worry about water in my living room. I can compose poetry or write a story while my clothes wash.

I can look out the living room window and watch the sky transform from blue to white and then to black as the sun sets. I listen to the washing machine agitate the clothes. I listen for it to change from the wash cycle to the rinse cycle. I know when the clothes are finished and then I can take them out of the machine and hang them on the drying rack.

An electric clothes dryer would be nice because then I would not have to hang my sheets over chairs to dry. That is a minor inconvenience, if I took the clothes to the laundromat I would have a dryer, but then I would not have the luxury of sitting at the computer writing while my clothes washed and dried. Eventually, I will get a dryer, but for now I will wash the clothes and then hang them on a drying rack or over the furniture to dry.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9