Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Research: Glaucoma

I did not intend to research this subject, but life or fate has a way of changing a person’s plans. On Monday, March 12, I went to an optometrist and he did what all optometrist do when you go for a checkup; he ordered a glaucoma test. It turns out I have glaucoma, so he ordered another appointment in May.

Glaucoma results from damage to the optic nerve. The cause of this damage is increased eye pressure known as intraocular pressure. Now that I know what causes glaucoma, what do I do about it; I do research to find out what questions I need to ask my doctor and then follow his instructions.

The only thing I have notice are “shadows” on the left side of my left eye and right side of my right eye. The shape of these “shadows” (this is what I call them) resemble single quotation marks. I have not noticed any of the listed symptoms, but I am more aware of my sight and anything going on with my eyes.

I hope the doctor caught my glaucoma early enough to treat. I expect my optometrist to prescribe eye drops at my next visit, but I will ask about the other treatments as well. I would like to keep my sight as long as possible because there are so many beautiful things in this world to see.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9