Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thankful Thursday March 8, 2012


It is Thankful Thursday again and I am tired. It has been a long stressful day, which is the perfect day to make a gratitude list. When everything goes all right and nothing stressful happens, it is sometime difficult to find anything to be Thankful for; however, when things are not going well that is the best time to look for gratitude item.

It has been windy for the past few days. Las Vegas was plagued with winds that exceeded 50 miles per hour. The type of winds that blow port-a-potties across parking lots and that is exactly what it did at the Race Track.

Those winds did not blow the pine tree in my front yard down. The tree lost a few dead branches, but the tree is still standing. Today I am thankful that the stone pine tree in my front yard is still standing. This is fortunate because the tree would have taken out the power lines. The reason I say this is that the tree is tall and leaning towards the power lines.

I have to find the finances to get the tree cut down before the wind does take it out. I know it is only a matter of time before a 50 or 60 mile per hour gust strikes the tree just right and blows it down. The tree’s roots are destroying my driveway, but my biggest worry is the wind blowing the tree down.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9