Saturday, February 19, 2011

Writing a Haiku String

A haiku string is a series of haiku stanzas in the same poem. All this week, I have attempted to write this type of poem. I have written other haiku strings, but this one seems to be the most difficult. I am not sure why it is giving me problems.

Nature has attempted to provide inspiration. It rained last night, on Friday I saw a nightingale sitting on a neighbor’s fence, and on Wednesday morning, I heard a nightingale singing. In addition, one of the neighbors’ dogs, one that does not normally bark, has barked periodically all week. I have received plenty of inspiration; I simply cannot get the poem together. Sometimes it goes this way when I write form poems.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9