Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Trees Must Go

I like trees. I think they are beautiful, but the stone pine trees in my yard must go. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to have them taken out and I cannot take them out myself. I am not sure what to do about it, except write about the problem. Therefore, I am blogging about the trees in my front yard.

When we moved into this house, there were six trees in the front yard. We had four stone pines, one olive, and one elm tree. A neighbor took out one of the stone pines when he had a new driveway poured. A big wind took out the elm tree a few years ago. A couple of years ago, I had one of the stone pines taken out because the roots of that tree threatened the foundation of the house.

I have one olive and two stone pine trees remaining in the yard. Those two pathetic and ill looking pine trees have to go. I will find the money, but I am not sure where. Of course, I could not afford to have the other pine tree taken out when I had it removed, but I found the money. Therefore, I will probably find the money to have these two taken out.

The issue at present is the weather, specifically the wind. For the past few days the weather service has issued high wind warnings and wind advisories. The wind is blowing now and it appears the wind will blow for the rest of the month. Since that is the case, I am going to have to figure out how to have them removed ASAP.

Labels: , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9