Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Ran out of Coffee yesterday

It feels odd sitting at the computer composing a blog entry without a cup of hot black coffee sitting beside me. I have two coffee pots and a coffee grinder, but no coffee. I ran out of coffee yesterday, so this morning I had hot tea with my breakfast. I also had a cup of hot tea while reading the newspaper.

A cup of hot tea does not satisfy the desire for coffee. Reading a newspaper without a cup of hot coffee just does not feel right. I know it is simply my perception. Subconsciously I know there is no difference between reading with a cup of hot coffee on the table or a cup of hot tea. Reading a newspaper while drinking a cup of hot coffee brings back memories of my father and grandfather.

One of my earliest memories is sitting on my father’s lap while he read the comics. Dad always drank a cup of hot coffee when he read the comics to me. My grandfather always drank coffee with every meal. Another fond memory is my first cup of coffee, which my grandfather made for me. I know he put more cream and sugar in the up then coffee, but that did not make any difference because Grandpa let me drink coffee with him.

I ran out of coffee yesterday and I probably will not be able to get more for several days. I do not remember my father running out of coffee. I do not remember my grandfather running out of coffee.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9