Thursday, January 06, 2011

Another Sleepless Night in Las Vegas

Last night I attempted to sleep, without success. Tonight I am not even going to attempt the impossible. I am staying up and writing because there is no sleeping in this house for anyone. Last night I was up and down all night, I expect the same situation tonight.

Since it is easier for me to get up and down from a setting position then lying down, I will write. I have osteoarthritis in my right knee and it is difficult to straighten the leg out if I am in bed. I can get up easier from a sitting position then a lying position.

I have to get up and check on my mother. Mom wants to go to bed early, but does not get to sleep until about 12:30 or 1:00 AM. When Mom has difficulty sleeping she cries and I get up to see what is wrong. I get Mom calmed and then I go back to bed, but if she does not go to sleep or does not say asleep then she wakes up crying. I go through the process all over again. Therefore, it does not do any good for me to lie down and attempt to sleep.

Oh well, someone once told me that sleep was over rated anyway; I am beginning to believe it.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9