Thursday, November 04, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 4

I am about 405 words behind on my NaNoWriMo word count. I need to write at least 1,667 words a day to complete my 50,000 words by November 30. This is in addition to everything else I have to do. Nobody said the life of a writer was easy, it is sometimes interesting, exciting, and frustrating, but it is not easy.

True, I am not as far behind as I thought, I would be, but that is because I did not work the general election on November 2. Working the general election always puts me about 1,667 words behind on my NaNoWriMo word count. The reason I did not work the election this year had nothing to do with National Novel Writing Month.

The reason I did not work the election on November 2, concerned my mother and her medication. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and forgets to take her medication. Whoever is her caregiver, has to make sure she takes the meds. I could not find anyone I could trust to give her the meds. Mom does not always want to take the meds, so one has to be gentle and persistent.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9