Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Midweek reflections on writing

It's Wednesday, hump day, time to reflect on the past week and my writing efforts. I'm doing good when it comes to meeting my word count goal. Rain or shine, I'm writing every morning. This morning it's raining, a cold winter rain that sends chills up my spine.

Spring two months away
Cold fingers on the keyboard
Raining all morning

The rain is supposed to stop sometime today, I don't know when. I doubt that it stops before I have to leave the house. I'll drive in rain today because I have no choice, I have business I must transact today. Procrastination isn't an option this Wednesday, therefore, I will say a prayer of protection before I back out of my driveway.

Cold rain fall gently
My driveway full of puddles
Still the rain comes down

I would prefer to stay home and write. Since I have to get out in the rain, I'll take a journal with me and do more writing. I don't want to miss achieving my word count goal this close to the end of January.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9