Thursday, January 21, 2010

I wrote a Burns Stanza this morning

A Burns Stanza is made up of six iambic lines rhyming a-a-a-b-a-b, The lines containing the a rhyme are iambic tetrameter, which is four meter feet of eight syllables. The b rhymed lines are iambic dimeter, which is two meter feet of four syllables.

I like the Burns Stanza because it focus my mind on the poem's subject. The form is like a recipe because it dictates how the poem is written and leaves the subject or theme up to the poet. I encountered this form while reviewing on writing.com.

Since this is my first Burns Stanza, I am posting the poem in my writing.com port Prosperous Snow. I want to get some reviews of this poem and perhaps enter it in a contest on writing.com.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9