Friday, August 28, 2009

The reason writers need to take a daily newspaper

I take a daily newspaper. Every morning I go out and pick the day's paper, which is lying in my driveway up. In yesterdays paper I found two articles that made me thankful I subscribe to and read a daily paper.

I live in Las Vegas, therefore I subscribe to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. On the front page of the RJ there was a story from the Washington Post. This article by Rob Stein was titled "Researchers give monkey genes from two mothers". This would make a great plot for a short story or piece of flash fiction.

The other article was in the front section of the RJ, but on page 9. John Johnson, JR. wrote this article, which was from the Las Angeles Times. The title of this article is "Planet defies physics, survives near sun" and is another good idea for a science fiction story.

A writer should subscribe to a daily newspaper because the articles in the paper give the writer's muse ideas for stories or poems. In addition, going out to pick up the morning or afternoon paper gives the writer some exercise.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9