Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I’ve decided to enter my recipe for Hobo Stew in a contest

I'm entering my recipe for Hobo Stew in a contest. I have to write the recipe down, with instructions on how to make it. My only problem is that I don't have a written recipe for Hobo Stew. The reason for this is that each time I make it, I make it with different ingredients.

I make Hobo Stew out of leftovers. I just get whatever is leftover from the past week, put it in a slow cooker and let it cook. I'm going to have to write down the ingredients I remember using and work from them. The seasoning isn't a problem because I use the packaged seasoning mixes. When I want to make Hobo Stew I go to the store and get the package of seasoning that will complement the meat I have leftover in the fridge.

I think I'll begin by writing down the common items I normally have leftover. I can start with the meat because we usually make it with chicken. I buy the deli chicken that's already cooked for one meal. I use that as the meat base, there are exceptions because sometimes we use beef we have left over or out of a can. I need to get started on it because the deadline is September 30.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9