Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On a Hazy Tuesday morning in Las Vegas

I look out my living room window and see a cloudless sky. There are no clouds, but there is the normal summer Las Vegas haze. I'm used to the haze. I'm used to seeing a faded blue sky on cloudless days. I've live in Las Vegas for over thirty years, so the haze is a normal part of the background.

I mess the deep blue sky of my childhood. I like to write about the beautiful blue sky of my childhood. I haven't found the precise color to describe the blue I remember as the color of the sky. Sapphire comes closest, but that exquisite gem doesn't always help in the description. I remember the blue skies of my childhood having different shades during the day. I also remember the seasons affected the color of the sky.

Beautiful blue sky
a memory of my childhood
lonely bird flying

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9