Monday, August 17, 2009

I donated today

I went to United Blood Services this morning at 9:30 AM and donated. I was a bit worried because sometimes my iron count is too low to donate, but today it was high enough for me to donate. I didn't donate the whole blood, rather I donated the platelets, it takes a little longer to do that.

After the donation, I sit in the office a little while, ate chocolate chip cookies and drank grape juice. I then came home, I cam home with a purple bandage around my right arm. Since it's been over four hours since I gave the blood I can take the bandage off.

Giving blood is an accomplishment for me because I'm afraid of needles. I've over come that fear when it comes to giving blood. I don't know where the fear of needles came from because I've had it all my life. My mother told me that when I was two or three the doctor had to catch me in order to give me a shot.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9