Friday, August 21, 2009

A warm day in Las Vegas

It's warm out today. Some would call it hot. Perhaps it is, I don't know the prediction for today's temperature. I do know that when I went out to take the cloths off the line, I broke a sweat, cloths felt as if I had just taken them out of an electric dryer and the cloths pins were hot.

Hanging cloths out brings back memories of my grandmother. Grandma Newland hang her cloths out. Even after electric washers and dryers appeared on the market, Grandma still hung her cloths out. Grandpa bought her an automatic washer, but not a dryer. If Grandma had wanted an electric cloths dryer, Grandpa would have bought it for her.

Grandma enjoyed hanging cloths out because she liked the smell of cloths right off the line. I enjoy the smell of cloths dried outside; I just can't seem to get them as soft as Grandma could. I use fabric softener in the washer during he rinse cycle. I don't know what the problem is; perhaps cloths today are intended to be dried in an automatic dryer.

Laundry on the line
I remember Grandma on
laundry day laughing.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9