Saturday, July 18, 2009

Write about a recurring dream

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Saturday, July 18, 2009: “Write about a recurring dream.”

I have a dream that is recycled every few months. The setting is my Grandparent's house in Blackwell, Oklahoma. The main characters are my mother and I. The supporting characters are various family members, but never the same ones. We are in Blackwell for a memorial service for my Grandparents.

My Grandparent's house in the dream looks much as it did when I was a child, a kitchen dining room combination, a laundry room, one bathroom, two bedrooms, a living room and a storage room. There is a garage and chicken house in the backyard and a cottonwood tree in the front yard.

In the dream, Mom and I are preparing to return to Las Vegas, Nevada. We have packed everything up which is going to be shipped to Las Vegas and we are flying back. Sometimes, we are unable to leave the house for no apparent reason. Sometimes we are looking for something we cannot find. Sometimes we have forgotten something that we need.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9