Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Writing and prayer changes my mood

There are two things in my life that changes my mood when do them. One of them is writing and the other is prayer. Both of these activities changes my mood and brightens my outlook on life. Prayer and writing, in that order, gives me something to look forward to each day.

Lately, I've been extremely worried about my mother. She is 88 years old and needs a hearing aid. I'm not sure how I'm going to get a hearing aid for her, but I have to. Having a hearing aid would make her life easier and mine as well. Mom doesn't always hear what is being said. She gets frustrated when she can't hear properly.

I think we all get frustrated when we can't hear what is being said. Hearing is an important sense to a human being because it gives us information about our environment. When we can't hear what is going on around us, we get worried and upset; there are other emotions that come into play when we can't hear properly.

I have an appointment Friday, to have Mom fitted for a hearing aid and make a down payment. I think I'm going to have to cancel the appointment for the hearing aid. We need a new fridge as much as Mom needs a hearing aid. The refrigerator is still running, actually it's running all the time 24/7 and I think it's loosing cold air. It still freezes and it still keeps food cold, but I don't know for how long.

My gut feeling tells me I'm going to have to get a new fridge by the end of May. I hate making choices between necessities, but that's how things are in the world today. We have to make choices between necessities and somebody looses out. I'm on the verge of tears.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, except pray. I know prayer works miracles, I've seen it happen in my life and in the lives of others. Therefore, I will continue to pray and look for the answer to my prayers, sometimes we have to look for the answers because they aren't always obvious to us.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9