Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going Green

I'm going green, I bought an outdoor cloths dryer. It's the hexagon type of cloths line that turn when so you don't have to walk around it when you hang the cloths out to dry. All right, I'll have to admit that I didn't intend to go green when it came to my cloths dryer. However, the electric dry broke down and the outdoor cloths dryer was less expensive then an electric cloths dryer. Even with the 50 lbs. of cement to I needed to put it up, it was less expensive then an electric cloths dryer.

The outdoor cloths dryer went up yesterday and I hung cloths on it this morning. I still have an electric washer for washing the cloths, but I'm hanging them outside to dry. Hanging cloths outside will work find this summer, but winter may be a bit of a problem. Several of the neighbors have wood burning fireplaces, which they use in the wintertime. I'll have to be really careful about hanging cloths outside when the neighbors have the fireplaces going. Wood smoke settles in the cloths and when you wear them the odor of smoke is apparent. I'm not sure at present, but I may have to invest in an electric dryer this winter.

Anyway, I'm going green; not because I wanted to but because of the economic situation. It's less expensive to dry cloths on a line then buy an electric dryer. It's less expensive to wash cloths at home and dry them on the line then drive to a laundromat. Sometimes, going green is economically better then an expensive electric dryer.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9