Monday, March 16, 2009

Writing prompts make good story beginnings

I belong to a yahoo writing prompt group call Daily Writing Practice. Everyday, about midnight, I receive a writing prompt in my yahoo e-mail box. The idea is to use the prompt as a five-minute free write. Sometimes I use the prompt for a blog entry, and sometimes for a poem, and sometimes for a story start.

The prompt for March 16, is "Write about small injuries." Today I am using the prompt as a story start rather then a blog entry. I will write five minutes on the prompt and then work from there. I think I am going to have to get an egg timer or something similar, because I need something that "dings" to let me know when my five minutes are up. Right now, the only way for me to time my writing is the clock on my computer and looking at it distracts me from writing what I am thinking.

Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9