Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Morning in Las Vegas

It's Sunday, March 29, I am sipping my first cup of coffee and listening to the dryer. I look out my living room window and see a cloud covered sky. My mother is still asleep, but I'm going to have to wake her up so she can take her medication and get her day started.

I don't like waking Mom up before the coffee is brewed and at least one load of cloths is drying. The only thing we have to do today is early vote. The primary election is scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, and I will be working the polls so I have to early vote. Mom goes along with me to early vote as well.

I like the idea of early voting, therefore, when it's available I early vote whether I'm working the polls or not. I haven't investigated to see if it increases voter turnout. I sure it does or the election department wouldn't give that option to people. Working the election polls is an interesting job because you meet many wonderful people.

One interesting advantage about working an election, whether it's a primary or general election, is seeing the look of joy on a young person's face when he or she comes in to vote for the first time. I don't think I've written a poem about working the polls maybe I need to do that this year. After all, the primary election is in April and April is National Poetry Month.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9