Monday, March 23, 2009

Afternoon Writing is Sometimes Difficult

Writing in the afternoon is difficult sometimes. This afternoon my muse seems to be asleep or perhaps resting up for tomorrow. On Tuesday, March 24, I'm going to have the rest of my teeth pulled and the other half of my new dentures put in.

Having teeth pulled takes a lot out of me, but it is necessary because without a complete set of dentures I can't eat properly. I suspect part of the problem with my ulcer is that I'm not chewing my food properly. As I said, at the beginning of this post afternoon writing is sometimes difficult.

I don't think I have blog block, it's just that the only thing I can focus on is the teeth. I'm looking forward to having a complete set of teeth again, even if the teeth are false. Maybe that would be a good theme for a poem with the title of False Teeth.

False teeth in my mouth
feel odd when they're first put in,
I can smile again.

Afternoon writing is difficult, but if I write I eventually come up with some sort of poem. That is a Haiku, which has seventeen syllables. True haiku normally doesn't have rhyming lines, but this is an afternoon poem. My afternoon poems are unusual, so the rhyme is acceptable for an unusual afternoon poem.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9