Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Writing about the cold

I am tired of being cold. Never mind that I live in Las Vegas and we have no snow in the valley. It maybe snowing in the mountains surrounding Las Vegas, but there no snow is falling in the Las Vegas valley. I am still cold, the air feels chilly and I am drinking a cup of Hobo soup.

Snow or not I am still cold. I cannot turn the central air unit up enough to keep the house warm because we are lucky to pay the power bill now. I have a sweatshirt on and I am going to put a sweater on under it if the soup does not warm me up.

I am tired of being cold. I want to be warm again. My mother is tired of being cold and she is tired wearing layers of clothing to keep warm. She put three or four blankets on her bed at night. I added two blankets to her bed last night and she removed one. Tonight I am putting that blanket on my bed. Not that it will keep me any warmer.

I turn the central air unit down at night, so that it does not run all night to keep us warm. and run the power bill up. This power bill (due February 6) we can pay, as for the one coming up; I have no idea and I am not going to worry about it. I am tired of being cold. I want to be warm again.

I know that the eastern part of the country has snow and power lines out. I am thankful we do not have snow. I am thankful we still have power. I am thankful that we had leftovers to make Hobo soup. Tomorrow we will have Hobo stew because I found some leftover chicken in the freezer to make the soup into a stew.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9