Monday, September 08, 2008

Writing about a new 19-day period of achievement

Kamál (Perfection), 1 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Monday, September 8, 2008 about 4:33 AM Pacific Time

It is time to start another nineteen-day period of achievement. I did not achieve the minimum daily word count goal set for each day of the past nineteen days. However, I did figure out one of the problems in that area. I am obsessing too much over the word count goal itself instead of focusing on what I am writing.

This is one of the dangers in having a word count goal. It does not matter how loose that goal is sometimes the goal itself becomes the focus rather then how to achieve that goal. The focus has to be on the story, poem, novel or essay that the words create. Therefore, I have changed the amount of words in the items I am creating.

During this nineteen-day period, I have placed the greatest amount of words in short stories and novels. This means, that once I make a blog or journal entry (unless something important occurs) I am finished with that entry for the day. Even if I do not make the minimum word count for that day, I do not make another entry to complete the minimum word count goal. Instead, I will just write more words when I am working on the stories or poems planned for that day.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9