Wednesday, September 03, 2008

This writer is a day behind

This writer is a day behind. I know today is Wednesday, September 3, 2008, but I keep thinking today is Tuesday. On Tuesday, I kept thinking it was Monday. Three-day weekends that end on Monday always affect me this way. All week I'm going to be a day behind.

The old say is "A day behind and a dollar short." Of course, that saying does not factor in inflation. If it factored in inflation, it would be "A day behind and two hundred dollars short." It also does not consider an individual's personal financial situation. However, this blog entry did not start out about my financial situation, which is an offline journal entry rather then a blog entry.

Anyway, I woke up this morning thinking today was Tuesday rather then Wednesday. After fully waking up, I knew it was Wednesday and trash pick up day. Fortunately, all my trashcans are already at the curb. They have been setting there waiting for today since either Saturday or Sunday when my "yardman" cleaned my backyard.

My neighbor trimmed oleanders that day as well. There are bundles of oleander limbs waiting for the trash trucks. I am going to have to worry about trash this coming Saturday because my garage is full of plastic bags waiting for me to put them in the trashcans. They will just have to wait until I get home from work and have empty trashcans.

I am glad I did not have to lug trashcans to the curb this morning because I would not have made it. I am going to set the trashcans out Friday night. It is all right to set them out the night before because they are safe from dogs or other animals turning them over by dogs or any animal. The only animals I have witnessed running free in this neighborhood are cats, people keep their dogs in the backyards or house. My time sense will return to normal before Friday.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9