Thursday, September 04, 2008

Writing about Eavesdropping

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Thursday, September 4, 2008: You eavesdrop on a conversation. What do you hear?


One of the prompt groups I belong to is Daily Writing Practice a Yahoo Group. This prompt is one of those I receive in my yahoo in box on a daily basis.

I eavesdrop on a conversation. What do I hear? I hear disembodied voices. I hear voice talking, shouting, yelling or are they arguing, I can't always tell with disembodied voices. Some emotions show through in the tone, but not all.


If I really want to be sure of the emotion and the meaning of the words, I have to be in the same room. I have to see the expression on the faces of the individual involved in the conversation. Tones of voices can be deceiving because some people are emotional by nature. If a person is emotional, then his or her tone of voice changes with the content of the conversation.


I eavesdrop on a conversation. What do I hear? I probably hear something I didn't want to hear, that is the danger of eavesdropping. Eavesdropping implies some type a barrier between the person listening and the people carrying on the conversation. What type of barrier is between the person listening the people carrying on the conversation? The type of barrier between the eavesdropper and the people talking can distort voices or meanings.


I eavesdrop on a conversation. What do I hear? I hear disembodied voices. I can't always tell if I know both people talking or not. Sometimes I my think I know both of the people by their, but accents only suggest only the part of the country or the world a person comes from. Different people share accents and I can't always tell if I know both the people talking or not.


Labels: ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9