Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday writing.com

Writing.com is celebrating its 8th birthday in September. I joined writing.com in 2002 and celebrate my writing.com birthday in October. When I first joined it was as free basic membership, after being a free member for several years then I paid for a basic membership. After having the paid basic membership for a few months, I paid for an upgraded membership. This year I paid went for the premium membership level.

I always wanted to write, but until after I joined writing.com, I did not have the confidence to pursue writing. Joining writing.com gave me the confidence to pursue writing and expand the genre I work write in. Now I write poetry, short stories, flash fiction, and novels. I am also one of the editors of the writing.com fantasy newsletter.

My writing has improved since becoming a member of writing.com. Other members review the piece I post in my port. There are contests that help improve my skills as well. I attempt to log into writing.com everyday and either make a blog entry or review the work of one of the other members. When I review someone's work, then someone reviews my work.

I like the idea of getting my work reviewed by my peers because, in most cases, the review gives suggestions on improvement. I find that not only receiving reviews contribute to improvement, but reviewing the works of other people also assists in improvement. When I review other peoples work, it show me what to look for in my own stories and poems, which need improvement.

Come and join us at writing.com. Look at the portfolios of the members. If you enjoy reading or writing then writing.com is the place for you.

Happy 8th Birthday, Writing.com!
Write on!

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9