Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Year of the Poem

Fidál (Grace), 5 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, March 25, 2008 about 2:50 PM PDT

I am five days into a new year. I celebrated a New Year on March 21 and begin writing a poem every day. I have always wanted to write a poem every day for a year. I have written a lot of poem since I began writing poetry several years ago, but I have not actually written a poem every day for one year.

In the past I have gone several days and months without writing a poem. I have started this project twice before, but did not succeed in writing a poem every day. I analyzed where I failed and come to two conclusions. First, I did not pray every day for the success of the project. Second, I did not begin the Year of the Poem at the proper place.

Before this year I began writing either on January 1 or midpoint between January 1 and March 21. This year I begin writing on Naw-Ruz. In fact, I begin writing poems at the Naw-Ruz celebration on the evening of March 20. I am looking forward to completing a chapbook of poems containing 365 poems bay March 21, 2009.

The document I am putting my poetic efforts in is called the Year of the Poem 165 B.E. In that document I am putting an individual not about each poem. I pray for the success of that project and other projects I am working on.

Labels: , , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9