Sunday, March 23, 2008

Chocolate Easter Bunnies on Easter Morning

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. –Sunday, March 23, 2008 about 7:33 AM PST

I do not celebrate Easter nor keep most Easter traditions. However, there is one family tradition that I do keep. That is to eat a chocolate Easter bunny on Easter morning. This tradition began when I was a child.

As a child, we hunted colored Easter eggs and each of us received an Easter basket. In that basket was a chocolate Easter bunny. My grandparents allowed us to have one item from the Easter basket before lunch. I would eat my chocolate bunny with a glass of milk. Now I have my Easter bunny for breakfast with a cup of coffee.

It is interesting the traditions one keeps or drops from their childhood. I can remember coloring Easter eggs, which I no longer do. When my nieces and nephews were young, I helped them color eggs on Easter morning. I no longer color eggs, but I eat a chocolate bunny every Easter.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9