Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Sunday Evening

Kamal (Perfection), 3 Sultan (Sovereignty), 164 B.E. - Sunday, January 20, 2008 about 6:45 PM PST

It's Sunday evening in late winter and I'm remembering my childhood. Specifically my Grandfather Newland. Sunday was a special time for my grandparents, it meant a big Sunday dinner with two kinds of vegetables and pie baked by my Grandmother. All the grandchildren were there for lunch and Grandpa said grace.

My Grandfather never recited a specific memorized prayer, he just spoke from his heart. The prayer was short and to the point. That's what I always liked about his prayers. He would thank God for the food and having family there. He would ask a blessing from God for everyone and then he would say Amen.

It's Sunday evening
in late winter and I'm remembering
my childhood.

My Grandfather's prayers
were spiritual and comforting
blessing to the family
waiting to eat the meal
my Grandmother prepared.

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9