Friday, January 18, 2008

I Baked a Cake in a Microwave Oven

Istiqlal (Independence), 19 Sharaf (Honor), 164 B.E. - Friday, January 18, 2008 about 12:18 PM PST

I know everyone was expecting a different entry. A flash fiction story, I'll make that entry later today. However, I just could not wait to brag about this. I baked a cake in a microwave oven today. Now I am looking for other nontraditional Microwave foods to fix.

So far I have fixed a turkey and a cake in my Microwave. The Microwave I have I picked up off from a Las Vegas Freecycler. I have had it a couple of years now; I do all my cooking in it. However, this is the first time I have used it to bake a cake.

The cake I made came from a boxed mix and the box did not have Microwave direction. I have a Microwave cookbook that gives recipes for baking so I just took the time from one of the cake recipes in the book. It worked out fine and the cake came out of the oven looking good.

I think I can cook anything in a Microwave. I like to bake, but writing takes up most of my time. I do not have the time to use fixing food in a regular oven. Now I can make a cake and bake it in the Microwave. I do not know what took me so long to try this. I think I will attempt making cookies in a few days. I have a mix for peanut butter cookies in the fridge.

Labels: , , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9