Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sometimes I Wish

3 Qudrat 164 B.E. - Tuesday, November 6, 2007 about 10:00 AM PST

Sometimes I wish writing were easier. It's not that the process itself is difficult. I have to watch grammar and spelling closely, but once I learned my weakness in that area, I know what mistakes to look for I do fairly well. The actual work of writing the story or novel that sometimes becomes a problem.

I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself and my NaNoWriMo novel. I didn't get off to a good start when it come to word count. In fact, the word count isn't where I'd like it to be. Also I'm still on chapter one. I have all the characters in the same location in interstellar space and the first encounter is over with. I still have a couple of things I want in that chapter so the the events in the next make sense in the context of the novel.

I have to figure out how to put those events in without going back and rewriting what I already have. There's no use rewriting at this point (one of my bad habits) it just takes too long and I won't get the novel completed by November 30. I'll just use another way to put those events in the first chapter.

Labels: , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9