Saturday, September 22, 2007

I've never seen his face.

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for August 10, 2007: I've never seen his face.

NOTE: This is the beginning of a science fiction short story. Right now the Working Title is I've never seen his face.

"I've never seen his face," C.C. said as she studied the expression on her sister's face.

"But you're his secretary," May drank the last drop of coffee in her cup, then signalled the waitress for a refill.

"I'm not his private secretary," C.C. paused as the waitress filled both their cups. "Only she goes into his office. My job is to make coffee, type letter, schedule appointments and run interference."

"Run interference?"

Yes, May, I direct sale people and anyone without triple A clearance to the department heads and other staff members."

"So that means that the rumors about what ... about his looks are probably true."

"May," C.C. said shaking her head, "you shouldn't listen to rumors. Especially those spread by that bunch in the mail room."

"Why?"

"Because it always gets you into trouble."

"C.C." her sister smiled condescendingly, "could you get me a triple A clearance ID?"

"No, little sister, I'm not going to jeopardize my job for you and some wild speculation about Mr. L. being from some planet orbiting Wolf 359."

"But ..."

"But nothing, May, go back to work and reign in your over active imagination."
  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9