Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday Writing Speculations: What Will I Write?

What will I write? What projects do I have to finish? I contemplate these questions as I think about the coming year. I have three novels to finish and three to edit, but I haven't decided which I should work on first. I suppose the best place to start is the oldest of the six unedited or unfinished novels.

A New Year is a chance for a fresh beginning. A chance to begin new projects or finish old ones. Perhaps I'm over-thinking and making a mountain out of a mole hill (that is my Grandfather's cliché). I know I'm making the decision more difficult then it should be. This is something I've managed to do with everything all my life. I'm attempting to overcome this bad habit or change it. Perhaps it would be better to replace it with a new habit.

Instead of over-thinking, I need to be writing. I need to free write. Write out my thoughts as they come to me without worrying about grammar, spelling, or anything else. The advantage to using a computer is that I don't have to worry about figuring out my hand writing or bad spelling after my hand writing gets cold. As long as I spell words the way they sound the spell check will correct my bad spelling and, most of the time, catch my grammar mistakes.


What shall I write?
I will write what comes to mind
in 2016.
 

Labels: , , ,

  • Disclosure Policy for Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff
  • 0 Comments

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home

    ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9 ss_blog_claim=a8c1097db65820f0a340f0696e6013a9